Congratulations to this year’s LSS Awards winners!
- Terry J. Wuester Award
- John McLaren Award
- First Year Class Teaching Award
- Bronze Tie Award
- James Bagan & Hanna Davis
- Diana Priestly Award
- F. Murray Fraser Award
- Unsung Hero Award
- Keanu Reeves Award
- Hall of Pain Award
- Leonardo Da Vinci Award
- Community Conference Committee
- Roadhouse Award
- Dan Jackson & Jason Newton
- Newbies Award
- Best Law Buddy Award
- Tamara Navaratnam & Hanna Davis
Thank you very much to all those who took the time to nominate one of their peers and also to the awards committee volunteers!
- John Bullock
The last Dean’s Social of the year takes place this Wednesday, April 2nd, at 4 pm in the lounge.
The LSS Awards recipients will be announced, and the incoming LSS Executive will be announced, we hope to see you all there!
The fridges and microwaves in the Student Lounge will be cleaned today, March 27, 2014.
The cleaning will take place after lunch. If you have any food you would like to leave in the fridge following lunch, please clearly label it with your name and the date.
Anything in the fridge which is not labeled will be thrown out.
Fridge and microwave cleaning will occur from September – March at the end of each month.
While we have received a great deal of nominations for a few of the LSS Awards, there are a couple for which we have not received many nominations.
As such, the nomination period for the awards has been extended until this Thursday, March 27th.
This is a great opportunity to recognise some of your peers for their awesome contributions to the UVic Law Community. If there is a student in the law school who you think should be considered for one of these awards, please nominate them.
The winner of each award is selected by the incoming LSS executives, as well as a number of other student representatives. The selection is based not only on the actual number of nominations a student receives, but on the substantive reasons for those nominations. So, you should explain why you think a certain student should win a certain award. The LSS, while generally representative of the student body, is not always aware of the contributions that a student may have made to the law school or the community. Please take your time to read through the descriptions of the awards available on the website. These awards will be given out at the last Dean’s Social of the year.
Thank you for your help, and we look forward to receiving the nominations!
The results of the spring elections have been released.
The referendum to amend the constitution and bylaws of the LSS was successful (in both quorum and vote). The 2014-2015 LSS Executive is:
- President: Micah Goldberg
- Vice-President Student Affairs: Mikey Williams
- Vice-President Communications: Nathan Van Kampen
- General Secretary: Kat Ratcliffe
- Director of Finance: James Suderman
- Social Coordinators: Sandy Town & Rachyl Myara (Dual Slate)
- Sports & Clubs Representative: Danielle Marshall & Taylor Paulson (Split Slate)
- Co-op & Exchange Representatives: Kristina McKinnon (Fall) (Spring 2015 Representative to be elected in Fall 2014)
- Third Year Representatives: Rupinder Brar & Sarah Ahsan
- Second Year Representative, Articling: Sam Chapman
- Second Year Representative, Career Options: Elle Blanaru
- First Year Representatives: Sandy Town & Elle Blanaru (Serving Fall 2013 – Fall 2014)
- Indigenous Law Students’ Association Representative: To be elected in Fall 2014
- Equity Representative: Kyra Benloulou
- Health and Wellness Representative: Dora Tsao
- Accessibility Representative: Nimrit Dhillon
Detailed election results (along with the results in the referendum and Faculty council / committee elections) are attached to this post. These results will also be available later this afternoon at https://webvote.uvic.ca/results.php
Thank you for voting, everyone!
All the best,